Even safety professionals can have accidents....This evening as I was trying to remove the pit from an avocado I happened to stab my hand with the knife. Nothing like the sharp pain of a knife going into the palm of your hand! After I removed the knife it looked like a trip to the ER was in order. I call my "team" Lisa and Karen to assist....(I happened to do this about 20 minutes before we were supposed to leave for a mini 4-H meeting). Lisa and Joe took the boys to 4-H while Karen picked me up to go to the ER (I was in a lot of pain and light headed). We decided to visit Jim to get his opinion of the wound...nothing like having a doctor in the family! He didn't think there was damage to the tendons or nerves and felt the wound would be best left open, so no trip to the ER and no stitches!!! Instead I get antibiotics and bandages....I will take it!
Next time, no avocados!
No comments:
Post a Comment