Monday, July 14, 2008

And the fun just doesn't stop in the Bratt House.....



After a relatively quiet week we had another busy weekend. My running club started again on Saturday and although I was really looking forward to going I didn't get to because of a nice thunderstorm at 8 a.m. I will run in rain, freezing temperatures, snow, sleet....but I draw the line at thunderstorms. I decide to wait out the storm at home and after it was over I took the boys with me on a run. They ride their bikes and I try to keep up. It is a good workout and we all have fun.

Later in the day we traveled to the Brown's house in Lizton to celebrate summer or Austin (July 13th - 12 years old), Thadd (July 1st - 2 years old), and Isaac's (June 6th - 7 years old) birthday's. We had a great time. I had this smart idea to get Isaac water balloons and a sling shot for his b-day. Needless to say I spent about 2 hours filling up over 300 water balloons! The boys had a great time getting each other wet. After they finished off the water balloons they moved on to squirt guns and when that became boring they got the garden hoses out. The hoses didn't last too long! As tradition, the adults took on the kids in an awesome game of kick ball. The adults won again 12-8. I think we might be in trouble next year as the kids are getting much bigger and the adults much older! Anyway, it was a very nice day.

Thadd enjoyed the water toy I got him.


Cheri and I decided it would be fun to ride Derek's
lawn mower...I wasn't so good!

Sunday the family was in town to celebrate the baptism of baby James. We had a good lunch at Karen's and relaxed in their back yard.







This week is pretty hectic....Mike is teaching a guitar camp at the YMCA from 9-noon each day. The boys are going to the YMCA with him and playing in the playroom. They love it but I think they might be bored by the end of the week. Matthew is in a reading camp this summer. He meets every Tuesday from 9-11. Since Mike is at camp, I will be "working from home" so I can take him and pick him up. The 4-H fair starts on Thursday! Matthew is exhibiting in mini 4-H for the first time. He has already made his craft, a Christmas tree ornament. He is also taking foods...we haven't decided what we are going to make yet.





Have a good week!

No comments: