We enjoyed the Hamilton County 4-H fair this year the weekend of July 19th with mom and dad. Matthew exhibited in mini 4-H for the first time. He made a Christmas ornament out of homemade dough and he made peanut butter ball cookies (I love those things!!). The best part of the fair was dad climbing the rock wall with Matthew and Adam. He did better than both of them!!!
Grandpa climbing the rock wall
Last week was really crazy and I brought it on myself. I decided it would be fun to take the boys to Holiday World again since they enjoyed themselves so much last year. Since our weekends have been booked and will continue to be until sometime in mid-September we went during the week. Lisa took a day off also and joined us. Of course we had a blast!!! My Aunt Lucy, who works at the park, spent the afternoon enjoying the water park with us. It was great to visit with her. I was happy she was there also because that meant I didn't have to ride the roller coaster with Lisa!!! As if 8 hours at Holiday World wasn't enough we went to the Dubois County fair with Lisa's mom (my aunt) Mary. It was fun...the beef show was taking place and we got to see an old friend, Jeremy. Needless to say, we didn't get home until 1:00 a.m. It wasn't too much fun going to work the next morning!
Fun at Holiday World
Saturday, July 26th we drove to St. Louis to visit with Mike's dad and stepmom. As always, we had a great time and were treated to wonderful food. Saturday afternoon we went to a water park that was similar to Holiday World. Matthew and Adam's cousins Sarah and Ryan joined us. The kids love playing together and get along great. Sunday everyone went to the movies to see Journey to the Center of the Earth, in 3D. The movie was pretty good but the 3D made it great.
Part of the reason for the trip to St. Louis for was a Campus Safety and Health Management Assoication (CSHEMA) conference that I was to attend. Sunday evening was the beginning of the festivities. The group had a reception at the Missouri Botanical Gardens. The gardens were beautiful! What made the conference even better was my friend Sara from Chicago was at the conference. I had a great time hanging out with her and talking.
Mike and the boys stayed with me at the hotel which was at the Union Station in St. Louis. They had a great time exploring the city. One of the things Mike said he would never do was go to Busch Stadium. Well, he must have had a change of heart because one of the first things they did on Monday was take a tour of the stadium. He said it was really nice. They also played neon, 3D minature golf, had lunch with his dad, and went swimming. Not bad for a days work!
For dinner on Monday we went to a mexican restraunt/bar Senior Julio's. The food was pretty good but the best part was the mechanical bull! I was able to stay on for 35 seconds. Mike did not do as well....
Tuesday, while I was at the conference, Mike and the boys went to the zoo. From what they tell me it was a really nice zoo. It was free...which is great. Matthew spoke of giant snakes and spiders. Adam said it was too hot...it was almost 100 degrees that day. Tuesday evening the conference took everyone to a really cool place called City Museum (Mike and the boys got to come). This place was unlike anything I have seen and was totally awesome! I highly recommend this place if you visit St. Louis, http://www.citymuseum.org/.













No comments:
Post a Comment