Monday, September 8, 2008

What has been going on?

I haven't blogged in a while....I guess I didn't have enough interesting things to share but I can update you on what we have been doing.....

A few weeks ago we traveled to Chicago to celebrate Erol's 4th birthday. Erol had lots of friends at the party and Matthew and Adam had a great time. It was a short trip but we still had fun.




Labor Day weekend was the first weekend we have been home with nothing planned since sometime in April!!!!! We took the opportunity to paint the guest room which until this point still had the white paint that contractors put on when they were building the house. The guest room is now Matthew and Adam's new room. It gives them more space. It is a light grey and Mike will be stenciling addition, subtraction and multiplication problems on the walls. I will take a picture to show you how it turns out. Their old room is going to be the baby room but for now it is my office/playroom/guest room.

The rest of the weekend was spent at the pool since it was the last weekend it was open for the season and fishing. There is a retention pond behind our cul-de-sac that our neighbor stocks. Adam caught 2 bass...one of them was huge! Matthew caught a little blue gill.





Matthew started fall baseball a few weekends ago. It is really nice....they practice for one hour before each game on Sundays which works out great for me because Mike can take him and help. They both enjoy it and it saves me from having to run around all week with practices and games! Adam and I show up in time for the game! Matthew is doing awesome with baseball by the way. They rotate positions every 2 innings but he has been catcher every game. He said he loves being catcher but Mike is trying to talk him out of it. Mike was a catcher for a long time and he said it killed his knees.







Pregnancy update.....food sucks! I have had mild nausea from day one but over the past two weeks the nausea has been much worse and I have had major food aversions to pretty much everything. Cooking makes me sick (which I think I am beginning to like!). Water and V-8 Splash is about the only things I can drink which is a good thing I guess. Bagels are my friends. Everything else is hit-or-miss. One minute I am loving something, the next minute I can not even look at it. I DON'T EVEN LIKE ICE CREAM! That is unheard of from me! The worst part is that I have been finally getting an appetite around 8 or 9:00 in the evening and I hate eating that late. Of course the food I am hungry for is bad for you also....McDonalds cheese burgers, fried chicken, sun chips.....YUCK! Makes me sick just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Randy and Christine said...

Beck- my nausea/vomiting days seem just like yesterday. I feel your pain! While we were in India, I lost track of how many times I puked. Were you like this with the others?

The Bratt Family said...

Finally I am starting to feel better! I had mild nausea with Adam but nothing like this. At least I never vomited. I don't think I could have handled that. I was planning on starting the belly pictures next week (12)! Hope all is well! Anastasia is adorable!!!