Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oktoberfest Zinzinnati!!

On Saturday the boys, myself and Lisa visited John in Cincinnati, what a good time (Mike had to teach all morning Saturday). The big highlight was Oktoberfest. We participated in the World's Largest Chicken dance which was pretty funny.
Dance, Dance, Dance!!!
We tasted great food....Goetta Balls, fried pickles, German potato salad, German Egg Rolls, soft baked pretzels, Strudel, German brats. There was much more that I would have liked to try but no room in the belly and no more money in the pockets. We listened to a great German band at the Spatan tent.
The Wiener Mobile




Theses guys were good and hilarious...notice the stein of beer in the singer hand.
Another highlight was visiting the IKEA that opened this spring close to John's house. It is much closer than the one in Chicago. I love that place!!!!
On Sunday, Ellen and Dan (Nana and Pa) came down to see Matthew's baseball game and visit. We had a nice lunch with them and enjoyed the game. They took the boys to see Fly Me to the Moon in 3D. I am not sure who liked it more....the boys or Mike.
I enjoyed the evening babysitting my cute niece Sophia and adorable nephew James while Karen and Jim went to the Colts game.

2 comments:

Randy and Christine said...

Bring on the belly pictures- as soon as you have one :)

The Bratt Family said...

Belly pictures to come next week!