Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Travels

This year we broke away from tradition and traveled to Chicago for Thanksgiving. We had a great time and kept really busy.

Thursday morning we went to the Thanksgiving Day Parade. The boys enjoyed the balloons and the Poo containers (large trash cans being pushed behind the horses that said P.O.O.)






John and Sanida hosted Thanksgiving dinner at their house. We had some great food! It was a lot of fun.

Cookies the boys and I made...gobble, gobble
Delicious appetizers...
The bird..
Friday we took the train downtown to honor a Bratt Family tradition; lunch at Italian Village. Lunch was delicious and really cool...we had our own little room. We called it the mafia room. The waiter told us it was once a pizza oven but I like to think some major mafia business went down in there. We also visited Kriskringlemart, Macy's Walnut Room tree, and the ice skating rink at Millennium Park.



The mafia room!



The tree at the Walnut Room in Macy's
Saturday, I had a very nice visit with my friend Sara who just had a little boy, Justin, on November 11th. He is so cute!
We decided to head home early on Saturday so that we could get stuff done around the house. Good thing we did; Mike and Matthew ended up with the throw-up germ. Adam had been sick earlier in the week and we thought we had escaped it. All is better now, I am just waiting my turn. Hopefully I don't get it.
We did manage to get our Christmas decorations up in the house on Sunday. The tree and outdoor decorations still need to be put up but I am in no rush.
Have a good week!

No comments: