We had a very nice Christmas. The boys must have been really good because Santa was really good to them! I think Santa must be blind....
Mike liked his slippers and movie....
I must have been really good this year. Mike and the boys gave me an Eternity necklace and a mom's planning calendar (I really wanted one!). The necklace was a total surprise and I love it!
Since I am saving up time for maternity leave I didn't want to take much vacation so we stayed around home this year. No traveling to Chicago or St. Louis even though we missed it.
We did travel to Brazil to visit with Mom, Dad, Mary, Erin, Skyla, and John for Christmas. We had a great lunch and then enjoyed the day putting together Lego's and playing Uno.....
Adam loves his dart game and army pants from John....
Faith liked her blanket I made her...
Mom and Dad's family gift to us this year was half of a Wii Nintendo and Wii Fit. Mike and I bought the other half. The boys were really excited. As soon as we got home Friday afternoon Mike hooked everything up and the three of them have been playing non-stop! They are getting pretty good at golf, baseball, and Mario Cart. Even though Mike was excited about the idea of us getting a Wii when I talked to him about it before Christmas he seems to have changed him mind a lot now....he plays it the most!
It seems that every year around Christmas one of us is sick. This year it was Matthew. He started with a fever and congestion on the 22nd, thanks to Adam, who had it the week before. He also got pink-eye. He was still not feeling great on Christmas but if you kept him full of pain relievers he was just fine.
Next was my turn. I woke-up with pink-eye Christmas morning. My eye swollen shut, not able to wear my contacts and a pair of glasses that are 10 years old! It was great. Not too long after that I started to feel really bad...fever, aches, pains, congestion. It has been lovely. The good thing....Mike is really pampering me and I have been resting a lot! I have still managed to go to work or "work from home".
Coming soon....the rest of our Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment