Monday, January 19, 2009

The Long Holiday Weekend

We have enjoyed a long holiday weekend at our house. The boys were out of school on Friday because of the cold temperatures so a 3-day weekend turned into a 4-day weekend. They are not complaining. Of course, they have been playing a lot of Wii. Saturday was my crafty day of the weekend. Tammy, Kelly, Lisa, and Karen came over to scrapbook for the day. I am a little behind; just starting 2008! Sunday we had a swimming party for the Cub Scouts. It was held at the Fishers High School and it was a lot of fun. For the first two hours the boys learned about diving from the dive team and then broke into 5 groups. They went to different stations around the pool to practice techniques they learned. They loved that! The next two hours were free swim and I loved that! I have never swam while pregnant and it felt great. I felt weightless......ahhhhh. The school has open swim ever evening and on Sundays so I think I am going to start going more often. I forgot my camera, sorry no pictures! I didn't have to work on Monday so we had a family day. Breakfast at the Roost, minivan shopping, Toys R Us....a little something for all of us. By the way, any suggestions on a good minivan? I am liking the price of the Kia Sedona right now but I am worried about how well they run and stay running. (Karen, I already know your thoughts...no need to comment). I would really love a Honda Odyssey but they are a little too expensive for me and EVERYONE has one. That is all you see in a parking lot in Hamilton County. Another on the list of possiblities is the Dodge Grand Caravan or the Town and Country. Any thoughts would be great!

2 comments:

Paula said...

My 2 cents is go American. My sister has a Ford Freestyle and it is great, I really like it. Of course, we are a Ford family, always have been. That and my brother-in-law works at Ford so he needs to keep his job!

jbell70 said...

I will have to say Honda also. Mine is a 2003 and I love it! I hope it lasts forever because I can't afford a new vehicle.