Friday, March 6, 2009

Baby Update.....

Just a little baby update for those who are following along. I am 35 weeks today....I had Adam at 35 weeks if anyone is keeping track. I am feeling pretty good though. I was having some pretty strong contractions and cramping for a few days last month so the Dr. started doing non-stress tests twice a week. Well, for that reason and the fact that I am OVER 35! Those were going really well until Monday and the little guy wouldn’t cooperate! His heart rate dropped to 60 bpm for a few seconds and he wasn’t moving as much as they would have liked so they did an ultrasound for amniotic fluid levels. They are on the low end of normal. He told me to drink even MORE water than I already am…..I am in the bathroom 30 times a day! The same day that I had the bad test and ultrasound I got freaked out. I was sleeping and woke up to go to the bathroom. He moves all night long and I usually don’t fall back to sleep until I feel him kick again. Well, that evening he would not move. I did everything, poked, shook, drank cold water, drank juice, ate, played loud music….nothing. This went on for 45 minutes and then I called the Dr. They had me go to the hospital were they did another non-stress test. There was a heart beat but he still would not move. After four glasses of cranberry juice, a lot of poking, and 2 hours he finally started to make some movement so they sent me home. The rest of the week went pretty well. I had another non-stress test today. The baby looked great they said but I was having a lot of contractions. Which I could have told them because they have been really hurting the past two days. Don't worry, the Dr. checked...I am not dilated and the cervix is high and firm. Sounds nice doesn't it! He told me I needed to take it easy. I had been on my feet walking around campus for various reasons for the past two days pretty much non-stop. That is most likely why I was having these contractions. I do plan on taking it easy this weekend. We are headed to Brazil to "the resort" (mom and dad's) for some fishing, boating and relaxing.

Adam was busy with the camera again. This is the belly at 32 weeks.



Have a good weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much for a relaxing Saturday......but it was worth every minute of it with the awesome food:)