Sunday, March 8, 2009
Weekend Fun at Resort Tempel
Since the weather was going to be so nice and I am not going to be able to travel soon, the boys, Lisa, and myself went to Mom and Dad's for the day on Saturday. My intent was to relax and fish but I know that is never the case. There is always something that needs to be done outside. It is not a big deal since we all love to be outside. Well, this time it was pine cones. Lots and lots and lots of pine cones. A big storm and knocked down thousands of pine cones all over the front and back yard. Matthew, Adam, Grandpa, Lisa, and I spent at least 4 hours picking up pine cones. Oh yeah, Carol did come and help for some of the back yard. The boys loved it because they got paid $1 for each wheel barrel full of cones. Bribery if you ask me....I never got paid when I was a kid! We did manage to have some time to go out on the boat and fish a little. Fishing wasn't good and it was too windy for the boat. We still had fun though. The best part of the day was mom's fried chicken and german potatoe salad!!!!!! That made all of the pine cones totaly worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment