We had a busy day on Saturday. We headed to the Lincoln Park Zoo, one of Matthew and Adam's favorite places. An extra bonus was the Air and Water show taking place on the lake front. So as we are walking through the zoo we could catch glimpses of the air show. Pretty neat! A double-super bonus was the Lego Experience that was at the zoo. Talk about excited kids! There was plenty of Lego fun to be had by all. We completed in a family activity. Our task was to build a tiger out of Lego's in 3 minutes. I think we did a pretty good job. We didn't win though.
Building the tiger.
Can you pick the kids out of the Lego's?
I found these monkey's at the Monkey House
And look at this cute, little monkey!!! (Andrew, not me)
King of the fish tank
Erol's 5th birthday is on Tuesday so we helped him celebrate.
Andrew liked spending time with Grandpa Bratt
If the trip to Chicago wasn't enough the boys started Fall baseball on Sunday so we had to be back by noon. Matthew's team is Notre Dame and Adam is the Nebraska Huskers. I learned quickly that it is starting to get serious for Matthew's age. The players actually get to pitch!!! We were not expecting this and Matthew as a little intimidated at first but he batted great.
Matthew on first
Matthew has double-headers each Sunday. He was pretty tired by the end of the second game. I knew this because when we got home he told me "If anyone comes and wants me to play outside tell them no. I am sick and tired!" If anyone knows Matthew this is very unlike him. That kid will play outside for 12 hours straight if you let him. Sure enough, about 15 minutes after we got home the doorbell rang and our neighbor wanted Matthew to play outside. True to his word he said "No, not right now." After a few hours of rest he was ready to go again.

I didn't get to see Adam's game. Mike took him to it since it was at the same time as Matthew's first game. He said he did really good. Played pitchers helper, second base, and center field and he got one hit. Mike was the pitcher...I think he had a lot of fun doing that!
No comments:
Post a Comment