Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

It has been a little while since I last posted. I was so proud of myself for keeping on top of posting and now....well, what can I say, we have been busy.

Let's see. Andrew first. He is now 4 months and 3 weeks old. He did have his 4 month check-up a few weeks ago. He is growing like a champ. I keep getting the comment that he is chunky. I guess those people don't remember Adam when he was this age. Andrew looks like skin and bones compared to him. At this last appointment he weighed 16 pound 9 ounces (75 percentile) and he was 25 inches long (54 percentile). He is rolling really well now. So well that he was up for a good portion of the night for about a week because he had to keep practicing. Once he got to his belly he would get mad and wasn't able to get to his back. He has started to roll back over from his belly this week which has meant a few sleepless nights while he practices this. I hope he gets tired of this soon! He loves his rice cereal. We have also added peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, squash, and bananas to his diet. No complaints from him so far!

Matthew and Adam enjoyed the last few weeks before school started. They spent one week at YMCA camp which they LOVED! We were told to have a change of clothes for each day and to expect them to come home dirty. I didn't believe that they could get so dirty but after the first day I believed them. Adam went to camp with white socks and came home with muddy brown socks. Each day was something new....faces painted, mud everywhere. They had a great time.

We had a birthday party for Dad who turned 60 on the 11th of August. We rented the bowling alley in Brazil and had about 100 guests. I think everyone had a good time eating and bowling. Dad said he really enjoyed himself and was happy to see everyone there.
I celebrated my 36th birthday, which is the same day as Dad's, in a much quieter fashion. I was actually sick all day with a stomach virus. I slept a lot and laid on the couch. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't such a bad day!!! Oh well, maybe next year will be more exciting.
The first day of school was August 12th. Matthew is in 3rd grade and Adam is in 1st. Both were excited to get back to see their friends. I think they like have a structured routine also. At least they can not complain about being bored!

No comments: