Monday, September 7, 2009

A Relaxing Labor Free Weekend

When I got home from work on Friday we had no plans for the weekend. I was afraid it might turn out to be a boring weekend. I was wrong....we kept ourselves entertained and had a great, relaxing weekend.

It was the last weekend for the pool so we took advantage of that and spent half the day Saturday at the pool. The pool is heated so it wasn't too cool. After we soaked up some rays we decided to go to the apple orchard and pick apples. We have eight pounds of yummy apples now!



Andrew enjoyed his first trip to the apple orchard by sleeping the entire time. I took some pictures of him by the apples to show that he was there.

Sunday, the boys and I decided to go to San Pedro Lake for the day. It was a beautiful, relaxing day with good food! John and Dad worked on putting a new roof on the shelter by the lake most of the day.

See something wrong with this picture?!?!?! I was having a fit but he wouldn't listen to me. At least he didn't fall (that day)! What you can not see is the ladder is on the boat so it was a moving target. I am sure Dad got a good ab workout from this.


The finished product!

All of the wood scrapes and nails provided hours of fun for Matthew and Adam. They built a wooden boat, signs that are posted on various trees and forts and Matthew made a shelf.

I think this was the first time that we have been there that the boys didn't fish. They were too busy doing other things. We did take a paddle boat ride around the entire lake and got out a few times to explore the woods.

Andrew had a great day hanging out with Grandma and myself. He enjoyed rolling around on a blanket and looking at the leaves and clouds. He was pretty interested in the water also.

It was great to have Monday to hang around home and get some stuff done. All of the neighbors were back from their various trips so all the kids played together most of the day. We had a cul-de-sac picnic at lunch and then a cookout for dinner. What a nice weekend.....now back to work, school. lessons, baseball, homework, and on and on......

No comments: