In November it will be 5 years that we have been living in our house. I have always hated the wall that was between our family room, where we spend most of our time, and the living room, which was useless and never used. I have talked forever about tearing the wall down but was always afraid of the cost. The plumbing from the boys bathroom went right down the middle of the wall and I assumed there would be structural issues with just tearing a wall down. Now that there are 5 of us and Matthew and Adam are getting bigger and taking up more room I decided we either had to move to a bigger house or tear down the wall. Turns out it is cheaper to tear down a wall than move! If I would have known how great it turned out we would have sucked it up and done this a few years ago!
Here are before pictures......

Family Room

Living Room

During Construction....Nice pipe.

Here are before pictures......
Family Room
Living Room
During Construction....Nice pipe.
The finished product!!!!! We realized that our couch and chair are way too big and fluffy. They need to go and we will be getting a new couch. Our T.V. stand is a wooden box so I see a new stand in our future as well. Oh yeah, carpet. We need to get new carpet also since we have a strip of carpet missing where the wall used to be.

The view from the family room.
I found a roll of carpet in the basement that we cut and placed were the wall used to be. It is a slight tripping hazard.....but it works for now!
View from the front door.

1 comment:
Looks great!! Andrew will have lots of room to crawl around now.
You can totally hang the TV on the wall too.
Post a Comment