Saturday, August 9, 2008

Comin' Back Around
That is the slogan for this year's Indiana State Fair. Matthew, Adam and I enjoyed a day at the fair yesterday. The weather was perfect and the food was great. We started off the morning the way all good mornings should....with a milk shake from the dairy barn. Donuts were also required.

I think we managed to see almost everything you could at the fair this year. A few highlights....Clarian Health had "Coco" the Colon on display. The boys enjoyed crawling through and pretending they were poop. It was pretty disgusting to see what colon cancer looks like. I think they learned something though. The people at the booth talked about what is healthy food for a colon and what isn't. Today all Adam wanted for lunch was green peppers, green beans and tomatoes. He wants to be healthy. Never mind the donut he had at breakfast. I guess you can cheat sometimes.

Those are some big turds!!!




Wii had a booth displaying the new Wii Fit. We had to try it out and I loved it. I really want to get one now.

We always enjoy looking at the 4-H projects. Matthew and Adam love the Lego displays and the cakes. This is probably the most awesome cake I have ever seen! I love it, hence the photos....



We spent plenty of time at the DNR where the boys looked at fish and drove remote control boats on the water (Good idea for grandpa's lake!). The FFA miniature golf is always a big hit with the boys and we can't leave the fair without at least one round.

They also enjoy the Riley Farmer for a Day park.




After being at the fair for 7 hours and a tractor ride around the fair we were ready to go home......













No comments: