Sunday, March 22, 2009

Introducing.....Andrew Thomas Bratt

Andrew Thomas Bratt
6 pounds 2 ounces
18.5 inches long
Well, I guess it wasn't false labor after all. As I was typing my blog on Friday I started having contractions. That was at 9:30 a.m. I called my doctor and he told me to come into his office so he could check me out. We left our house at 10:30. At that time the contractions were pretty mild. By the time we got to the doctors office at 10:45, I was in a tremendous amount of pain and surprise, dilated to 5 cm! They got me in a wheel chair and ran me over to labor and delivery. Everything went very, very quickly from there and I had Andrew at 11:42 a.m. No time for any drugs. It was an experience that I think I will be glad that I experienced but do not want to ever do again!

Even though he was 4 weeks early he was pretty healthy. He did spend the first day in the NICU because of low sugar levels. They said that is common for preemies. Since then he has been great. Matthew and Adam are so excited and keep fighting to hold him.
Despite the delivery, I feel great. No pain or discomfort. I feel better today than I did the day after I finished the 1/2 marathon last year.

We came home from the hosptial today (Sunday) and Grandma Tempel is here for the week to spoil all of us. She brought enough food to feed our whole cul-de-sac!

Here are a few more pictures to enjoy!






4 comments:

Paula said...

Congrats, he looks beautiful!
Paula

The Stinnetts said...

Yea! Congrats Rebecca, he is such a cutie like your other boys!
Amanda

Randy and Christine said...

Rebecca, you look fabulous. Andrew is adorable...glad to hear that he is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the BRATTS family! Great pix of Matthew and Adam with Andrew! :)

Andrew is adorable--my Andrew was 3 weeks early--was 6 lbs and 11 oz at birth....

Cant wait to meet Andrew:)

Cin, Peter, Andrew and Emma :)