Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!!

I can't believe the 4th of July has come and gone! This year is going way too fast... We had a really nice 4th weekend. Friday evening we had our first fire of the year and it didn't disappoint! Of course the main reason for the fire were the s'mores. I think we have discovered the best s'mores around and you have to try it. Instead of using a Hersey bar, use a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! It is YUMMY!



Saturday was not the best day with all of the rain. It didn't actually start raining until noon at our house so Matthew and I were able to get in a 7-mile bike ride. Matthew called it our Tour de Fishers and wants to do it every year on the 4th of July. We might have to start that tradition. Who knows, we could get a lot of participants and make it an event! Saturday afternoon we headed to San Pedro Lake to hopefully enjoy the lake. Mother Nature was not going to let that happen. It poured down rain all afternoon. We still had a good time visiting with Mom, Dad, John, Aunt Mary, Uncle David, and Carol Meyer who were all in town for the weekend. After a delicious dinner of ribs, corn-on-the-cob, and potato salad we decided to fish in the rain. John, Dad, Matthew and I fished for a few hours. We were soaked but caught a lot of big fish! The rain finally let up around 10:30 so we were able to shoot-off our fireworks. We had a really good display this year.



They didn't want to get cold so the old ladies watched from the kitchen windows.
Sunday was a better day and we fished some more. Mike, Andrew and I went home while the boys stayed to spend another fun-filled week with Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments: